Join us for our next Special Workshop on: Therapeutic Advances in the Treatment of COVID‑19.
Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 1:00 – 2:30pm EDT
- Peter Jüni, MD, FESC, Network Scientific Advisor, CanCOVID, Scientific Director, Ontario COVID‑19 Science Advisory Table, Professor of Medicine and Epidemiology, Department of Medicine and Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, University of Toronto, Director, Applied Health Research Centre, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St. Michael’s Hospital
- Emily McDonald, MD, MSc (Epi), FRCPC, Scientist – Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre, Associate Professor of Medicine – General Internal Medicine, McGill University Health Centre, Associate Chair of Quality and Safety – Department of Medicine, McGill University, Director – Clinical Practice Assessment Unit, McGill University Health Centre
- Srinivas Murthy, MD, Health Research Foundation of Innovative Medicines Canada Chair in Pandemic Preparedness Research, Investigator – BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute, Clinical Associate Professor – Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia
- Rob Fowler, MDCM, MS(Epi), FRCP(C), Barrie Fairley Professor of Critical Care – the University Health Network & Interdepartmental Division of Critical Care Medicine, Director – Clinical Epidemiology and Health Care Research, Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, Chair – Canadian Critical Care Trials Group, Chief – Tory Trauma Program, Sunnybrook Hospital
- Ryan Zarychanski, MD, MSc, FRCPC, Associate Professor – Department of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Associate Professor – Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Manitoba, Director – Knowledge Synthesis, Centre for Health Care Innovation, University of Manitoba
- Edward Mills, PhD, FRCPC, Professor – Department of Health Research Methods, Evidence & Impact, McMaster University
Each speaker will provide a brief overview of their work and implications for the pandemic response, including:
- How has the treatment for COVID‑19 evolved for outpatients, ward patients and in critical care?
- The TOGETHER Trial
- The CATCO Trial
- Therapeutic-dose anticoagulation with heparin in hospitalized patients with Covid-19
- WHO prospective meta-analyses of clinical trials
Join Zoom Webinar: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83689955331?pwd=QUpNMG1DQ0NaWjFGYmN6aitHaWVGZz09
Webinar ID: 836 8995 5331
While we encourage you to share this event within your networks, we ask that you not share the Zoom link or password directly on social media. This is to help limit hackers from accessing our event.