COVID-19 in Canada: Disparities, Compliance with Preventative Measures, and Mental Health
- Susan Law, PhD, Managing Director and Knowledge Mobilization Lead – CanCOVID, Senior Scientist – Trillium Health Partners Institute of Better Health, Associate Professor – Institute for Health Policy, Management, and Evaluation, University of Toronto
Speakers and Topics:
- Roland Pongou, PhD, Associate Professor – Economics, University of Ottawa
- An overview of the research project and presentation of the socioeconomic and demographic disparities in self-reported COVID‑19 symptoms.
- Marie Christelle Mabeu, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow – Stanford University
- Documentation of the socioeconomic and demographic disparities in COVID‑19 testing behaviours.
- Bright Opoku Ahinkorah, PhD Candidate – School of Public Health, University of Technology Sydney, Research Assistant – University of Technology Sydney, Associate Editor – BMC Women’s Health and BMC Public Health
- Analyze compliance with preventative measures in the workplace.
- Arunika Agarwal, MPH, Research Associate – T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Harvard University
- Study the determinants of mental health issues during the pandemic.
We encourage you to attend this special event to hear the results of a research project funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Center of Canada. In this project, the team studied socioeconomic and demographic disparities related to preventive measures against COVID‑19 and mental health. They will conclude by sharing the results that were based on a cross sectional-survey.