Please join us for the next expert panel event in this series. This is a bilingual event, and it will be translated live for English and French participants.
Wednesday, November 2, 2022, 11am – 12:30pm EDT
- Robert Steiner, MBA, Director, Dalla Lana Fellowship in Global Journalism, Assistant Professor, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto
- Norma Rabbitskin, RN, Senior Health Nurse, Sturgeon Lake Health Centre
- Vivian R. Ramsden, RN, PhD, MCFP (Hon.), FCAHS, Professor, Director, Research Division, Department of Family Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
- Shirley Bighead, Director of Health, Sturgeon Lake Health Centre, Sturgeon Lake First Nation
- Robert Danisch, PhD, Professor, Department of Communication Arts, University of Waterloo
- Ashley Mehlenbacher, PhD, Associate Professor and Canada Research Chair in Science, Health, and Technology Communication, University of Waterloo
- Heidi Tworek, PhD, Associate Professor, International History and Public Policy, University of British Columbia
- Gabby Stern, Director of Communications, Department of Communications, World Health Organization
Our presenters will share global best practices and offer expert perspectives on detecting and correcting misinformation about COVID-19, in relation to community infection, testing, tracing, vaccination, masking and air quality mitigation. We will have a brief question-and-answer session at the end.